What is this?

MUMSIE'S COTTAGE is a dream I have had for some time, a small business owned by me, Lilly Collins Riera, in my home that is known as Mummies' cottage. Here I will offer, preteen/teen birthday parties where the birthday girl/boy can choose from a list of scrapbook projects such as journal, compositions, clipboard designing, frame. Then a date will be picked and they and their friends will be treated to a birthday project in my cottage. I will also be hosting classes for children with different topics such as scrap lessons, etiquette classes, basic cooking/baking. Journaling. So, if you are already hearing, "I am bored" If you are concerned about how technology is taking over the lives of our youth, sign them up for one of my classes, where no texting will be done.

Wednesday, January 17, 2018

JOURNALS, JOURNALS, JOURNALS...


This journal has been made for a special someone but
there is always someone who can use a special journal such
as this.
MY JOURNAL STORY
I have always been a dairy writer as a child,
a teen journaler, I have so many compositions, diaries,
journals filled with words, but this story is a love story.
A story between a Momma and her babies.
Having been a childhood cancer survivor,
first told I would not live, then I would never have children,
imagine my surprise when at the age of 21,
having been married just 9 months, I found myself
pregnant. On that day I began a journal, a long love
note to my unborn child. Having always a fear that I
would not live to see this child as an adult, I wanted
to leave parts of me behind for this baby.
Four years later, I did the same thing when I was 
blessed with a second child.
I promised to myself, that I would be honest in these
journals, reminding me that they would be adults when
they read these, 
they were not journals about "today you..."
It was the nitty gritty of life, good and bad, following them
through all the hurdles of life.
As adults, I presented these journals to my babies.
I remember the Christmas I gave them to Rod
the second time (first time, he was not in a good place so
I took them back).
Late that evening, sitting down with company, I 
got a phone call from my baby boy.
"Mom, what you doing?"
"Sitting down for supper with company"
I hear him crying, "Thank you, Mom, for all you did for 
me, for Jes, to assure we had good lives, I never knew
before all you have done, I just wanted to thank you and
let you know I love you."
Yes, leaving words to your children will affect them as adults.
Jes,  gypsy baby, had a similar reaction.
Then three days ago she called again to say
she was reading her journals again and had forgotten about
how much was in them. 
her words:
"I LOVE THEM. THEY ARE BY FAR THE BEST 
GIFT I HAVE EVER GOTTEN. I AM LUCKY TO
HAVE YOU AS MY MOMMA"
No better affirmations.
So today. let it be the first day you begin to journal, 
whether it be an art journal, a journal for yourself or a 
journal for your babies, put your words to paper,
If you want to let me start you off, 
order a journal from Mumsie's Cottage.
Pm or text me
985-414-9513

No comments:

Post a Comment